Friday, November 25, 2011

"I'm looking at the gun ... Here's the great moment of the sweat running down ... His eyes are popping ..."

Arnold Schwarzenegger illuminates the nuances of Total Recall in a DVD commentary that synopsizes the obvious:



Gabe at Videogum snarks:
How is Arnold Schwarzenegger not recording DVD commentary for all of the movies? Now that we know what a DVD commentary track can actually BE, who on Earth wants to hear what Wes Anderson has to say?

I am sympatico with Brent Rose when he adds:
I've gotta say, this is something I really miss about DVDs. I'd say about 90% of the movies I watch at home these days are streamed. Streaming movies are fantastically convenient, but we lose something that was one of the first big advantages DVDs had over VHS tapes: extras. I love extras. In a streaming-only world, the commentary you hear in the video above would never exist, and that, my friends, would be a tragedy.

Via Andrew Sullivan, Reddit, and The Daily What